Proven Performance for More Than 60 Years
Glutaraldehyde offers outstanding performance and versatility that have been confirmed over more than 60 years of usage in a wide range of applications. The chemical provides broad efficacy, is biodegradable and formaldehyde free*, and is also non-carcinogenic, non-persistent and non-bio-accumulative.
Learn more about this innovative molecule:
The topic of non-genuine glutaraldehyde has been covered by the media in the past. Here are some links to recent articles:
- IHS Chemical Week, August 2014 “China, energy production are keys to growth"
- Feed & Livestock, May 2013, "Glutaraldehyde Uses and Counterfeits"
- Feed & Livestock, May 2013, "Dow Microbial Control Develops Simple Test to Identify Counterfeit Glutaraldehyde"
- Adhesives & Sealants Industry, March 2013, "Glutaraldehyde Uses and Counterfeits"
- Su ve Cevre Teknolojileri , March 2013, "Sahte Glutaraldehite Dikkat!.."
- Water Technology, September 2012, "Glutaraldehyde Uses and Counterfeits"
*Due to different regulatory requirements, specific claims may vary by geographic region. Consult with your local Dow representative for specific claims being made in your region of interest.
New Safe Use and Handling Guides
Know how to safely use, handle, store, contain and dispose glutaraldehyde?
Not sure if you've been supplied genuine glutaraldehyde?
Now you can find out with the GENUINE GLUTARALDEHYDE test kit!
The test will let you know if your glutaraldehyde is genuine by evaluating for common adulterants.
To get the test, contact your Dow Representative.
Introducing a GENUINE GLUTARALDEHYDE expert
Have a question about the difference between non-genuine and GENUINE GLUTARALDEHYDE?
Meet the expert and contact us;