Industrial Textiles and Nonwovens
Left unprotected, fibers, yarns, and fabrics used in textile manufacturing and processing can become subject to bacteria, fungi or algae that cause spotting, decay, deterioration, odors and discoloration – often leading to shorter shelf life, unwanted waste and disposal of inventories.
Textile chemical formulations can also become subject to microbial degradation, causing foul odors, rancidity, and pH fluctuations, which can lead to discoloration and deterioration of fibers and fabrics.
Many textiles and finishes contain substances that support microbial growth, and textile specialties, when diluted, can produce favorable environments for microbial growth including bacteria, mold, fungi, yeast and algae.
Our industrial antimicrobial preservative technologies help prevent spoilage of spinning emulsions and finishing solutions in textile applications as well as help prevent early spoilage, odors, deterioration and/or decay and discoloration of finished textile products.
Our portfolio of solutions provides long-lasting protection for spinning finish oil, water-based auxiliaries, antibacterial fabrics and flame retardancy.
View all products
Features & Benefits
Silver concentration via titration, wt. %.08-0.12
- Provides both odor control and preservation to finishes, fibers and textiles
- For use in coatings, films and fibers such as bedding, apparel, footwear, wall and floor coverings, carpets, draperies, wiping cloths, brushes, filters, insulation, tents, awning and tarps
- Antimicrobial protection for industrial applications
- For use in aqueous compositions such as aqueous pigment or mineral slurries, paper or textile coating compositions, leather processing solutions or to protect fresh animal hides or skins
- Helps protect industrial aqueous compositions such as pigment or mineral slurries, paper or textile coating compositions, leather processing solutions or fresh animal hides or skins
- Low VOC
- Industrial preservative for aqueous compositions
- Mildewcide for aqueous and solvent-based compositions
BIOBAN™ O5P5 (Fabric mildewcide)
- Helps prevent mildew in commercially laundered or treated fabric
- Preservative for the control of mold and fungi in industrial and household consumer products, including fabric softeners, laundry detergents, cleaners, dish detergents, polishes, pre-spotters and surfactants.
- Helps prevent the growth of mold, bacteria and fungi in the storage and transport of wet leather
- Helps protect stock such as pickled, chrome-tanned and vegetable-tanned leather
BIOBAN™ O 45 MUP ANTMBL
- For use by manufacturers only in formulating antimicrobial products for textiles, commercial laundry and fabric applications
- Helps prevent mildew in commercially laundered fabric, treated fabric, treated fabric surfaces and textiles
- Controls bacteria and fungi in the manufacture and storage of textile processing chemicals such as fiber lubricants, spin finishes, sizes, dyestuffs, textile printing inks, dispersants, thickeners, dye fixatives, hand builders and weighters
- Preserves against microbial degradation during manufacture, storage and service life for textile chemicals and finishes such as dye levelers, textile auxiliaries, softeners, lubricants, antistatics, sizing and print pastes
- Controls fungi and bacteria, including Pseudomonas in industrial textile applications such as processing materials and finished yarns and cloths
- Controls fungi and bacteria in industrial textile applications
- Preserves processing materials and finished yarns and cloth during storage
- For use in industrial textile chemical preservation applications to control fungi and bacteria
- Helps prevent spoilage of spinning emulsions
- Helps prevent viscosity and pH changes in printing pastes caused by bacteria and fungi
- In-container preservative to help control bacteria and fungi in industrial and household consumer products
- All-purpose liquid cleaners
- Furniture and floor polishes
- Anti-tarnish products
- Air fresheners
- Carpet shampoos
- Liquid dishwashing detergents
- Automotive appearance products (cleaners, waxes and polishes)
- Liquid laundry products (fabric softeners, laundry detergents, pre-spotters and spray starch)